Real math equations and plots in excel
View formulas as math equations
Friendly reference names
Choose how referenced cells in a formula are displayed:
- Cell to the left
- Formatted value
- Table header
- If named ranges or ‘cells to the left’ contain the name of a Greek letter, such as alpha, beta, pi etc. then the equation will display the Greek symbol instead.
- Greek letters can also be written with a leading ‘\’ eg: \pi, \alpha. In fact, if a cell’s value is a sentence that includes Greek letters, then the letter names MUST be preceeded with ‘\’, otherwise they will be ignored.
Live equations (or static)
- Document your formulas by adding live (auto-updating) equations to your worksheet.
- Add the equation displayed in the Math Equation viewer to the current worksheet. ‘Live’ equations will auto-update when the cell’s formula changes.
- Static (non-live) equations won’t auto-update when the underlying formula changes.
Copy & save
Copy or save equations to paste elsewhere into Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, or other Microsoft Office applications.
Copy or save as an equation object or as a image (PNG).
Plot formulas (instantly)
- There’s no need to create a data-series of values. Just point at a formula and create the plot
Any cell referenced in the formula can be selected as the Y-axis.
Multiple plots can be added to the same display – variants of one cell (different references as Y-axis), or other formulas from other cells.
Instantly convert Greek letter names into actual Greek symbols by clicking the menu, or right-clicking.
Subscripts & superscripts
Convert ‘_’ and ‘^’ into subscripts and superscripts.
Create & update Word documents from Excel
Insert formulas and values
Choose and insert cells, their formulas, names, descriptions etc. into Word documents.
Auto-update the Word document when the underlying cells change value. Your Word document is always up-to-date.
Engineering calculation sheets
Perfect for engineers to document their calculations and formulas.
Does FormulaDesk work on Mac ?
No, it only works on Excel for Windows.
- Changing the Windows DPI (text-scale/size) at runtime causes Track Cell feature to draw incorrectly.
Excel 365 (desktop), Excel 2019, Excel 2016, Excel 2013
Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7